We cherish and respect your privacy just the same way we presume you cherish and respect ours. Here at Awoofcarsauction.com (“Awoofcarsauction”), we would help you to better understand and appreciate how we gather, record, use and share your personal information (“Information”). Awoofcarsauction is a global company and by accessing our website, you agree that any information that you will provide to us will be stored in Nigeria and consequently handled in the way and manner stated in this Policy.
Awoofcarsauction is governed by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the NITDA ACT 2007. The NITDA chiefly regulates how information is gathered and handled by Awoofcarsauction.
We may at anytime request, gather and process the following information –
• Email address
• Phone number
• Users’ IP address
• Users’ browsing history on our site
During the course of exploring and making use of our services, we will ask you for some information which will aid and help us improve and deliver quality and reliable services to you. This request can be oral or written and you shall be duly notified.
Security is vital to us and this is why we make use of modern security measures to ensure that there is no unauthorized access, use or destruction of this information. We use computers and/or IT enabled tools to request and process this information in total compliance to regulatory standards and procedure. In certain cases, this information can be disclosed to third-party agents involved in the operation of our services (Administrative, Technical and Legal). The user can request for the list of these third-party agents.
This information is gathered and processed at any of our offices or any place where the parties directly involved in the gathering and processing are located.
We use this requested information to in turn deliver effective services to you. These services include but are not limited to the following –
• Provision of services that you have requested for;
• Provision of support in a technical or otherwise requested form;
• Response to your complaints, enquiries and recommendations;
• Compliance to regulatory or legal obligations;
• Improvement of our various platforms through research and analysis;
• Promotion of all or any of our services;
• Any other service which you consent and request for unless your consent was withheld.
The reasons why we will process your information will include but surely not limited to the following –
• When user has expressly given consent that such information should be used in the way and manner described;
• When it is necessary that such information be processed in actualization of a contract or agreement which the user is a party to;
• If such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligation;
• Where such processing is vital to protect the interest of our user or the general public;
• Where such processing is pivotal in pursing our legitimate interest without infringing on the rights of our users.
Users are at liberty to exercise any or all of the following rights –
• Opt – out or withdraw their consent at any time
• Request for access to their information
• Request for a temporary halt in the processing of their information
• Request for erasure of any or all of their information
• Request the verify, review or seek amendment of their information
• Request for their information and have it forwarded to another controller
• Lodge a complaint at a competent data protection authority.
Information can be retained and used by Awoofcarsauction as long as required for the purpose which it was requested for. We will hold this information up and until the contract we have with our users have been fully performed. In the event where such information is needed to be kept for a longer period, this must be in order to achieve a legitimate purpose of ours. Such information will be kept until the legitimate purpose is actualized. We can also hold this information for a longer time if the user consents or by an order of a regulatory or legal authority.
The information shall be deleted at the expiration of the retention period.
Awoofcarsauction can use the information provided by the users in a competent court of law at its requisition or where there has been an inappropriate act or a breach of a fundamental or all of the contractual terms.
We may make use of system logs, IP address and other cookies that may be the resultant effect of a scheduled maintenance and operation upgrade.
We ensure that we protect the privacy of children. Therefore, we do not collect any information from children under the age of 13. If your child has submitted any information to us, kindly contact us so that we can abruptly discard such information from our system.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Nigeria Data Protection Data Regulation (NDPR), you can channel all your enquiries, complaints and recommendations relating to how we handle and process your information to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) as follows –
Rec: Data Protection Officer
35b Abisogun Leigh,Ogba
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria